Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hookah Stories - Hookah for a rush event

Hookah smoking has become a bit of a fad. Many college kids in particular are trying to carry on the tradition of the Hookah smoking across college campuses. I joined a fraterity actually because of Hookah, they had it as my first rush event. Now this is a great idea. Hookah smoking promotes a social atmosphere where people can sit around be comfortable and get to know each other all while feeling the soothing effects of inhaling that flavorful and relaxing hookah smoke. So feeling that this would be a good opportunity I decided to go. The great thing is that they had a number of hookahs and they set them up smack dab in the middle of our academic quad. It was quite enjoyable to be there to smoke and not to go to class. I showed up a little late because I did not want the awkwardness that comes when not enough people are there. When I showed up it was already dark out, and I could see the glowing amber of the burning coals sitting atop the hookahs from a distance. As I got closer I head laughing and friendly conversation. Luckily I knew one of the brothers because he was on my freshman hall. I identified him and went up to him. He welcomed me in the the circle and introduced me to the other rushes and brothers who were already gathered. The great thing is that you are not expected to talk when around a hookah. There is no pressure. If you have nothing to say you can looking the person blowing smoke rings, or when it is your turn on the pipe you can occupy your attention on inhaling the smoke. However, without there being the pressure conversation comes more naturally. By the end of the night I knew a few of the brothers really well and felt very close and intimate with them. I went to a few more rush events and eventually pledged. Now our fraterity uses the hookah all the time, and it is is great.

No comments:

 
Blog Directory Lifestyle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! blogarama.com Entertainment Blog search directory Blog Directory Globe of Blogs Top 100 Bloggers The Blog Directory EatonWeb Blog Directory All-Blogs.net directory Easy Seek - Free Search and Directory Blog Directory BlogSweet Web Directory Blog Directory Link With Us- Blog Directory Kmax- Blog Links Blogs Directory Blog Directory Blog Directory Blog search - categorized blog directory Blogdust Add to Technorati Favorites Blogroll.net Blog Directory BlogDir Blog Directory Wil's Domain Weblog BlogsByCategory.com Free Web Directory: Directory-474